Sub-caption

PREPAREDNESS ... Stay CALM in the CHAOS & COLLECTED in the CALAMITY. Join the conversation. Make your world a safer place to live.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What’s a Big Out Bag
  
This is not MY 72 hour kit.. I will post mine in the next few days and you will see that if I have to leave my house… I will be comfortable… and so will my small dogs and any small children near-by.   All of this packs in a large back-pack with water close at hand. 

Each family member has his own pack with personal items suited to their needs and comfort. I have Reader’s Digests, my husband has knives.. Men and their toys. 

Important NOTES:
Identification hangs on the outside. 
Packs ae by the back door. 
I change the clothes in spring and in fall… who wants long-johns in Summer?  
There is a check list on top.. so I can quickly remember what I actually have
an extra gallon of water is near-by

Keep an eye on this site.. I’ll also talk about how to pack and store your packs and alternate containers for the Bug Out pack ..  I always welcome your input.  

No comments:

Post a Comment